How Can I Pay for Breast Reduction if my Mom Doesnt Have the Money Have Insurance Im 14?

It gotting worse my shoulders were my bra strapes lay or black my shoulder gotten broad.my back,shoulder,neck hurt.when I be at school I have to lay my head down because the intensty in my back n neck start to hurt .my boobs are saggy.can some one help me it ruin my self esteem,confidene,pride n everything else Im so asham I havnt talk about this to anyone. Ijust want to get help. Some times I cry cause all people see is my breast not me.so when I go to school I wear a jacket everyday allday hot

Breast Reduction at Age of 14?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the significant physical and psychosocial stress that the large breasts caused you at this young age.  I would suggest that you continue to communicate your  concerns openly with your mother.  Do not try to handle the situation without family or friend support.

Based on your description, sounds like you are an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
 The best place to start would be with visits to well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can document the symptoms the large breasts are causing  and  submit a letter to your insurance company on your behalf ( assuming health insurance coverage is an option).
The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

If you do not have health insurance, or they fail to provide coverage, communicate your difficulties with board-certified plastic surgeons via e-mail.  Hopefully, you will find a plastic surgeon in your area who will be able to help you with financing options.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

Prepare to be persistent; the benefits of breast reduction will be worth the effort.

Hello

+1

Sorry to hear your going through a hard time specially at your age. There is a big chances that your insurance can cover your surgery you would have to go to your doctor and give him/her the reasons why you need the surgery as soon as possible. Your doctor will also send your to the plastic surgeon that is covered under your insurance. Look into this as soon as possible. Hope you get the answeres you are looking for. Talk to your mom and let her know what you need so she can help you do homework on the insurance part of it.

Best Wishes.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS