Do You Have to Pay for Botox Touchups?

I recently had botox with a new doctor. I have a follow-up scheduled in 2 weeks. My question is: if I require additional botox, will he charge me? I paid $850 for all three areas, but he said he usually goes light the first treatment with a new patient and I may require additional injections if we don't get the ideal result after the first series. Thx

Botox touch-ups

+4

Different doctors have different policies.  Doctors who charge by the area typically will not charge for touch-ups.  Those who charge by the unit will usually charge for the additional units that you require.  Discuss this with your doctor before your next visit if this is an issue.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Botox touch ups

+4

Each doctor has different policies.  I charge by unit, which means if my patients need more, i charge them for the units two weeks later at the follow up.  Some doctors charge by area, those doctors typically do "no charge" touch ups.  Ask your doctor. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Do I Have to Pay for Botox Touchups?

+3

Hi,

I  agree with the other reviewers.  There is a wide range of policies on charging for Botox from both medical offices and spas.  Generally, if you were charged per area, the touchup would be for free.  However, if you paid by unit, you would have to pay for additional units since the provider may not be sure of how well you would respond to the initial units you received .  In our office, we charge by the area so we tell all new patients that all touchups needed in the first 2 weeks after treatment are complimentary.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Paying for Botox Touchups

+2

The policy on botox touchups vary from office to office.  If you pay per area, you may not have to unless there is a stated maximum number of units per treatment. If you pay per unit, there generally is a charge for more units.  The more economical way to treat is generally per unit.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS