What Techniques Were Used In This Patrick Dempsy Rhinoplasty? (photo)

It may not be good to ask about a celebrity, but Patrick Dempsy had a wide nose before rhinoplasty... You may be able to see by doing a Google search. Now, his nose looks awesome and he is much better looking to the ladies I'm sure. Do you think he had an alar base reduction? Seems a celebrity male would not want scars. Also, would a surgery like what he had done (narrowing) be a full 2 week recover plus months of recovery or something quick and easy?

What techniques used ?

+2

Hard to say from just this photo but looks like a routine rhinoplasty with conservative cephalic cartilage trim, tip shaping and osteotomy. I would doubt any alar base reduction. Two week recovery for light activity, sic for full. All rhinoplasties will continue to change subtly over the first year.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Techniques Were Used In This Patrick Dempsy Rhinoplasty?

+2

Hard to tell if the dorsal hump existed before without a profile view before and after.  Otherwise looks like a closed Rhinoplasty with a Tip plasty.  Short recovery time with a retrograde technique IMHO.  The most important factor is selecting a Rhinoplasty Surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Primarily revision of the tip

+1

It's difficult to tell from a single photo since not having a profile view limits my evaluation. Patrick definitely had the tip narrowed and may have had the nasal dorsal hump smoothed down. The nasal bones themselves look as wide preop as they do postop so I don't think that he had the nasal bones narrowed. I don't think he had the tip raised since on this view it still looks like it is downward.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

+1

Recovery from rhinoplasty is months NOT weeks. And yes he had some type operative intervention to become Dr McDreamy. 

Rhinoplasty in Patrick Dempsey

+1

It certainly looks like he had work done in the photo. Possibly a dorsal shave and ostetomies to narrow the nose and then the tip was modified to soften the look and give it more definition.