How Much Does a Patient See Bruising/Swelling Worry Around Radiofrequency Skin Tightening with Liposuction of the Neck?

I am in my mid fifties and had a facelift about 5 years ago. My doctor says he sees sagging around the neck area (not too pronounced though) and suggested the above outpatient procedure. My big worry is that I will be so bruised and swollen that makeup and turtlenecks will not be able to cover. Is this concern warranted? I have a busy professional as well as an active social life and I cannot afford to lose months due to terrible bruising.

Revision neck lift

+1

As stated by others, it is difficult to accurately address your questions without an exam.  On the other hand, your surgeon knows you best, and always has your best interests at heart.  In my experience, the best way to deal with recurrent loose skin in the neck following facelift, is to surgically redo the neck.  It is something you should at least discuss since you are already considering surgery which will lead to downtime.  Good luck

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction after facelift

+1

Dear BethNewYork,

It's difficult to say without seeing your current degree of neck skin laxity, whether radiofrequency tightening would sufficiently tighten your skin after liposuction.

Unfortunately it is also difficult to predict to what degree you would swell/bruise and if you would be able to conceal these things with clothing. I would recommend having a procedure at a time when your social/professional calendar is slow enough to allow you to do so.

David Cangello, MD

Bruising after Liposuction of the Neck

+1

Bruising is not entirely predictable.  For people that tend to bruise more in everyday life, they are more likely to bruise after surgery.  There are some precautions that you can take to help, but not eliminate the chance of bruising, such as taking Arnica Montana and aggressive icing after surgery.  Also, Pulse Dye Laser treatment, such as the V Beam Perfecta is great at reducing post operative bruising.  The laser will not eliminate bruising but will reduce it significantly.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction 5 years after Facelift

+1

Liposuction of the neck can produce a great deal of bruising and swelling in certain patients.  After a previous facelift, I cannot usually get neck tightening from liposuction alone.