​6 day post op of Rhinoplasty, my tip is taped up like crazy. Is this normal?

So I'm a male and I had my rhinoplasty 6 days ago, and my tip is taped up like crazy and I have a little ski jump nose. I brought this to the attention of the nurse and she told me not to worry, no pig noses here. But I'm so nervous. It's like, UPTURNED. Like pig nose central. I also had alarplasty and an open approach was used. My 3D imaging photos look nothing like how this looks now... and I know the tip will drop... but will it drop enough? Should I stop worrying? (Please?)

Appearance of the nose 6 days following rhinoplasty does not reflect the final result

+1
At 6 days postop, you are very early in your recovery. Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. Immediately after the splint or cast is removed, it is common for the nose to look more defined. After the compression has been removed, the skin and soft tissues can swell and this can take weeks to months to significantly improve. Following rhinoplasty, the nose has a tendency to swell and this is greatest in the first 10-14 days. After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. Additionally, the tip may descend causing the tip to rotate downwards (depending on what was done during surgery). Around the 4-6 week mark, most patients are able to appreciate most of the changes from surgery as a significant amount of swelling has resolved. However, it can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle.

Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles. Again, after 4-6 weeks, although you will continue to notice changes in your nose, they are subtle and imperceptible to most other people. It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

+1
No need to worry at this time.  It takes weeks to months to heal from Rhinoplasty surgery.  You are in the early healing phase.  Your Plastic Surgeon is your best contact to discuss your healing.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD