Which parts of my nose should be changed in order to get a pretty nose that still matches my face? (photo)

Hi! I don't like my nose. I think it gives me a very severe appearance, especially the left side of my nose makes me lookes more severe. I have a little bump on my nose and my nose also isn't s symmetric. What can be changed about my nose in order to make my face look 'softer'? Thank you!

Natural Appearing nose.

+2

Hi sarah1991john, I have looked at the photos you sent. In general addressing the nose as a whole will give a more natural result. I would lower the bridge of your nose from above the bump all the way to just above the tip. The tip cartilages add to the bridge at the bottom so narrowing the tip also lowers a small part of the bridge. The goal would be to have the bridge be lower than the tip which will produce a natural transition from bridge to tip. Your nose does not need to be made any shorter. I think that the nasal bones will also need to be narrowed after lowering of the bridge to prevent it from looking flatter. Your surgeon should give you a detailed plan and show you examples so you understand what to expect.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for natural results

+2

The majority of improvement would be to shave down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. The entire bridge line hump is creating an overly projecting nose. Osteotomies will be required to narrow the nasal bones once the hump is removed. Only minor tip cartilage adjustments would be required to balance the nose with your facial features. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery. In addition, we also have virtual rhinoplasty software available on our website for you to try out

Which parts of my nose should be changed in order to get a pretty nose that still matches my face?

+1

In person nasal examination always better than over internet photo reviews. But my opinion is a full rhinoplasty best.

+1

Certainly, the bridge can be refined. You may want to consider deprojecting the tip as well, but rhinoplasty is really about what you want. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

#rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to assess you by your posted photos because there is no true frontal view. What is visible are a slight hump on the bridge, slightly over projecting tip and visible separated tip cartilages. The usual approach would be to take the bridge, trim the upper edges of the tip cartilages, suture the tip cartilages together and shorten the inner limbs of the tip cartilages to decrease the nasal tip's forward projection. It may be best if you have your surgeon go over this with you using computer imaging to see if that would be the look you wanted.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD