Partial Mastopexy?

5-1/2 weeks post op. Partial lift gives me shooting pains.No implant. Can I have an infection inside my chest? I thought it would take one month to heal. Also have an open wound. Instructed by nurse to use calcium alginate but after 2 weeks nothing has happened. If you were my surgeon, how would you close up a wound 1/2 x 1 inch from my incision line up. I want YOUR advice. Please do not say: ask your doctor. Would like suggestions. Thanks!

Wound Healing Issues after Breast Lift

+1

Wound healing issues after breast lift can be common.  If there are no signs of infection and the area is superficial, then local wound care is appropriate. 

Open wound and pain in breast

+1

Shooting pains can be so many different things and with a small open wound that can be an issue. An exam in person would help clarify alot of things. If the wound is superficial and not deep, it usually heals with simple wound care.

Wound Healing Problem after Breast Lift?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing. You should be aware however that wound healing problems can occur after breast lifting surgery;  with local wound care,  these wounds generally go on to heal over the course of a few weeks.

Although you do not want to hear it, your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate advice and treatment recommendations.

Open wound after breast lift.

+1

Without a photo I find myself unable to offer any advice. I don't know where the open wound is located, nor the nature of the incisions used for your breast lift. Please consider attaching a photo.

Thanks and best wishes.