Part of my Bump is Coming Back from Before my Rhinoplasty?

I had nose surgery 9 months ago, to get rid of a nasal bump and to get rid of thickness on the sides. I was comparing pictures from 4 months after surgery to today, and I've noticed the bump coming back, and the sides of my nose are much thicker than the after 4 months picture. What should I do?

Needs a full year

+1

Hello. At nine months you are still not at your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Bump returns after rhinoplasty

+1

This can happen. Occasionally, as the swelling subsides, a small bump may become visible. I would wait to the one year mark. If it is still present and bothers you, it should something easy to correct.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This could be scar tissue or residual swelling.  Your surgeon is in a much better position to advise on this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Irregular nasal bump nine moths after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination or at least reviewing some of your facial pictures. A side view and frontal picture would be helpful. However, based on your descriptions, nine moths past your rhinoplasty surgery majority of swelling has subsided and now you are able to see some bony or cartilaginous irregularities. In some instances scar formation my represent as bump or irregular texture as well. I would recommend you to visit your rhinoplasty surgeon for evaluation. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO