I plan to remove a "small flower mandibular glove" chin implant with .6cm projection. Is removal or replacement better? (photo)

The glove-chin implant very minimally improved my profile profile, while I no longer like my smile (chin looks too big). I want to take out the implant, but I'm very worried that the skin will look droopy, so I wonder if you would suggest I replace the .6 by a .3. Does that even exist (can you help me find this)? Or will the "pocket" create the illusion a small implant? Will the skin go back to normal..? I also planned ultherapy before the removal - Should I postpone? I'm in my mid 30s.

Removal or replacement of chin implant

+1
There are many options to discuss with your surgeon. You may remove the implant and leave it alone, you may reduce the implant that is in there currently to see if this better appeals to your aesthetic desires or you could consider a different style and size of implant to better fit your facial features. I would discuss these options with your surgeon and the pros and cons of each. Your surgeon should open a discussion with you reviewing these options, while addressing your concerns and then set forth a proper surgical plan.

Removal and replacement of a chin implant

+1
One option is to remove and replace the chin implant with a different size, either larger or smaller. Another option is to simply shave down the current implant to meet your expected goals. 

Chin implant removal

+1
Go ahead and remove the implant. If after 3 months you are not happy, you can have a more appropriate implant placed.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implant removal

+1
Simple removal of the chin implant would be the treatment of choice. Try to find your old preoperative pictures and see if you would again like to look that way. More than likely implant removal will result in your old appearance.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon