Parasthesia sensations in lower legs/ankles/feet/wrists/arms after breast surgery.
Doctor Answers (2)
Tingling after 1 month
Tingling and weak after breast surgery
- This is an unusual set of symptoms after elective breast lift/enlargement,
- It must be taken seriously and the cause must be determined,
- First, see your plastic surgeon to be fully checked, especially to be sure there is no infection,
- Ask for a list of all medicines you were given during surgery - for future reference,
- See your regular doctor again and have a full set of lab tests, specifically including thyroid disease - at times surgery can be followed by sudden decrease in thyroid function - and it can cause your symptoms,
Then unless there is an explanation for your symptoms, see a neurologist for a complete neurological evaluation. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.