Paranoid About Bumping Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I've been slightly paranoid about going out in public after my rhinoplasty. I have a situation coming up that involves going to a new place at night where a lot of people will be drinking & pets are welcome. I will be at 3.5 wks post-op at that point. The surgery was open, the bridge was broken & tip reduced, and for cosmetic purposes only. I'm trying to figure out if I should just cancel my upcoming plans or am being overly cautious. Would appreciate any advice.

Rhinoplasty

+1

After such a big investment of your time and energy, you have every right to be concerned about your nose.  I generally tell my patients at 3.5 weeks they can do anything they desire except for contact sports or weight lifting.  Social situations are perfectly fine as well as light activity and  moving around.  You should feel comfortable in your decision!  So if the situation makes your nervous, then stay home, but otherwise just be smart and perhaps avoid any overly intoxicated individuals who may bump your nose! Hope this helps!

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose trauma after cosmetic rhinoplasty

+1

Dear postopconcern,

• This is a good question because patients also would like to know when they can start contact sports
  • 6 weeks is a good time when most of the healing of the bones and cartilages are decently strong (think of wearing a cast for the same amount of time)
  • If you are really worried and it is not that important, then just cancel it, drinks, animals and crowds does sound like a perfect storm
  • Otherwise, just stay sober and keep your eyes out for trouble

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani