Paranasal Augmentation Wth Rib Cartilage

Hello, Almost 3 weeks ago, I had 2 small pieces of rib cartilage put into my paranasals to alleviate the depressed area around my nostrils. I was wondering how long would I have to wait to have them taken out and how much would that approximately cost? Thank you very much, NateL

How long to remove rib grafts after Rhinoplasty

+1

Pictures of your nose before and after would be helpful but as I have advised many patients, who contact our office seeking Revision Surgery (rhinoplasty, face Lifts, Cheek Implants etc.)...it's always in the best interest, of the patient, both financially and emotionally to try and work things out with their previous plastic and cosmetic surgeon.  If, on the other hand, you for some reason have lost confidence in that surgeon, then you should have consultations with a few qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeons regarding this issue.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Removal of Paranasal Rib Cartilage Grafts

+1

The key to any facial implant removal, albeit a synthetic material or a graft, is for the patient to be sure that they really want it removed. At three weeks after surgery, there would still be some swelling and the final facial appearance has not yet been obtained. Since in your case the 'cost' to get paranasal implants is higher than someone who used synthetic implants, you want to be careful to not have them removed too soon. There was  reason you had the procedure done and you invested in cartilage harvesting to get it, so you might want to slow done and wait a few months to get an accurate assessment of the results. Otherwise, it would be fairly easy to remove the cartilage under local or IV sedation.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/facial.html

+1

it has only been 3 weeks. what is the rush. any way it should be easy to remove and inexpensive, you could always use a filler later.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon