How can I find the best breast implant surgeon that can remove a 6 year old ruptured saline filled implant in NYC/NJ area?

I had one saline filled breast implant (under the muscle) done when I was 17 years old and it eruptured at least 6 years ago. I had it for over 30 years! I was told it was safe to leave it alone but as of now, it is hurting me and it shrunk so much that it came out of the muscle. I know I need a breast lift and not sure if I wanted to replace the implant. I saw several doctors for consultation and I am not completely satisfied with any of them. I want the best and sincere doctor that I can work with.
Please click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for Breast Implant Revision

+1

As a general reference, use the American Society of Plastic Surgeons "Find A Surgeon" function.  I have attached for you as a web reference.

Second, make sure that you get along with your surgeon and feel comfortable during the consultation.

Third, check you surgeon's credentials and reviews.

You will want to see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

+1

I think that you are going about things correctly; ultimately, you will probably need to visit with a few plastic surgeons before you find the one that you feel most comfortable with. Generally I suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You may also find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal concerns, helpful to you.