Panniculectomy Recovery

What kind of recovery time can I expect from a panniculectomy? Is it the same as a tummy tuck or less? Will I need someone to help me out? How long will I need to take off of work? Thanks.

Panniculectomy recovery

+3

Recovery from this operation is dependent upon your medical issues, amount to be removed. On average 3 to 6 weeks is the range of recovery.

From MIAMI DR. B

Panniculectomy versus Tummy Tuck recovery!

+3

There are panniculectomies (2-5 pounds) and then there are panniculectomies (40 or more pounds). Recovery varies tremendously and so do the post-operative care requirements. In comparison to a tummy tuck it is generally less.

Recovery from Panniculectomy (Apron Removal)

+2

Panniculectomy is the surgical removal of the tummy overhang or apron. It is NOT a Tummy Tuck. The operation only removes the hanging skin. It does NOT relocate the belly button, tighten the muscles, narrow the waist or lift the upper anterior thigh skin.

Since people react differently to pain and since skin overhangs vary drastically in their dimensions, recovery can be similar to a Mini-Tummy Tuck to that of a major abdominal operation.