Having Panniculectomy and Breast Reduction..but Have Chronic Belly Button Inf?

MY insurance approved a panni and breast reduction for sept. 16 2013....i am very greatfull and excited that they are approving these procedures. I have a huge problem tho..I have lost over 100lbs....and i was told by my surgeon that he wont touch my belly button. The extra flesh above my naval has almost closed my bb. I suffer from itching, ulcers and a terrible smell..i just wrote letter to bcbsma to do something about this. Im not looking for tt just removal of skin and fixing bb.

+4

The odor in your belly button is not due to infection.  It is due to sebaceous secretions, just like your armpit.  If your surgeon has told you he will not touch your belly button he may have other reasons.  Otherwise, your best bet is to have a full/extended TT, possibly even a fleur-de-lys.