Will my Nipple Projection Come Back? (photo)

I'm 3 weeks post op from a breast reduction, and I'm very happy with my results! I was a 38H, and I'm now fitting into a 38D. I had 1025gr on the right and 1238gr on the left removed, so it was a large reduction. I was wondering in my nipple projection will come back. I always had semi-shy nipples, but this is more pronounced than before. I also have nearly no feeling, but I've read that it can be common with a superiomedial pedicle. Will I get more projection and feeling over time?

Nipple projection can be up secured by swelling after breast reduction.

+2

Swelling of the areola might decrease the apparent nipple projection after breast reduction. As the swelling subsides the nipple should appear as it did preoperatively.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,15-atlanta-breast-reduction.htm

Will my Nipple Projection Come Back?

+2

The posted photo demonstrates a very excellent early result of a breast reduction. As for your questions concerning feeling and nipple projection I am surprised you were not pre operatively informed concerning these specific issues. There are NO guarantees as to N/A sensation or projection. Best to discuss with your surgeon. 

Breast reduction at 3 weeks

+2

At 3 weeks you are still swollen after a breast reduction.The nipple projection should improve as the swelling subsides.

Nipple projection after reduction

+2

At three weeks after surgery, you still have a lot of swelling. This can make the nipples appear flatter than they will be when the swelling is gone. As it take take several months for the swelling to decrease, it will be a while before you know what your nipples will look like. But it certainly appears like you have a very good initial result. And appearance usually improves with time. Good luck to you and be patient.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Return of breast and nipple sensation following a breast reduction

+2

Following a breast reduction it is hard to know if your projection will come back.  There are two possible causes for this problem one is due to tension on the areaola and the other is loss of innervation to the smooth muscles of the nipple.  Only time will tell if this improves.  Otherwise your result looks good. 

Will my Nipple Projection Come Back?

+2

Many thanks for the question and the photos. Giving you a result for H size cup to D size cup of this shape and NAC complex is a very complex surgical exercise which is well done and you should stop bothering about it. You are right yes these nipples will project more in time and the sensations will return. Wishing you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/breast/breast-reduction.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon