Palpable Implants in a Thin Woman - Problem or Normal?

12 days post BA - 250cc silicone unders.Today I can feel implants under the bottom of both breasts; the right I can see protruding along the suture line (sulture line is clean). Can actually palpitate the edge of the left breast at the corner near clevage. Is this normal? My PS is a 90 min international flight away and I won't see him until next Thursday. I have been wearing the strap 24/7 but will this make it better or worse? Does this affect wearing a bra?

Palpable Breast Implants after Breast Augmentation

+3

Palpable breast implants after breast augmentation is normal, especially in a thin patient.

Your implants were placed under the muscle, but to give a better result, the lower edge of the muscle was probably cut to allow the implant to fall into a more natural position.  This is the standard procedure for most plastic surgeons when performing breast augmentation.  Because of this, it is not uncommon for thinner patients to be able to feel the edge of their breast implant, particularly on the lower half of the breast.  

I don't think wearing the strap is going to have any affect on breast implant palpability.  However, as time passes and your swelling goes down, you may notice that the implant is even more palpable.

Try to relax.  From your pictures it appears that you have a very nice, normal result.  Continue routine follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Breast Implant Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Breast implants

+3

You  are very early post-op to see the final result. Howver, implants are often palpable in the lower pole and this will often get worse with time.

Breast Enhancement

+1
You will always be able to feel the implants in some position, especially in thin women, will be something you will just have to get used too

Thin Patients

+1

You have a very nice result and you will be fine.  ALL women feel their implants, and the thinner you are, the more you will feel the implant.  Fortunately, we have silicone implants that don't wrinkle nearly as much as the saline.  The best choice to decrease the incidence of implant palpability is to place the implant under the muscle and use silicone, just as was done in this situation.

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Looks fine.

+1

Your photos show the implants in good position and nothing that you describe is alarming.  Just continue with what you are already doing.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Palpable implants in a thin woman

+1

I think what you are descibing is normal in a slim woman.  I would continue to do just as the surgeon recommends.

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Palpable implants shortly after breast augmentation

+1

At 12 days post op it is still very early after your breast augmentation.   It is not unusual that you may feel the edge of the implant at this stage, especially if you are thin.  Wearing a good sports bra for support should help.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants palpable after breast augmentation

+1
It is too early to say what will be long term issues. There doesn't seem to be an emergency and waiting several more days before seeing your surgeon should not be a problem.
Westchester Plastic Surgeon