If I get Palomar fractional resurfacing to help improve acne scars, how long will my results last?

I want eliminate forever my scars, or make a treatment that the results lasts forever. Dos the results of 1540 lasts forever ?

Your acne scars will show long term improvement after the 1540 laser.

+2

This laser delivers energy below the skin surface, and helps to break up some of the scar bands and fibrosis from the acne. It also will stimulate the production of new collagen. I usually do about 3-4 treatments about one month apart. You will see improvement over at least 6 months. Once the collagen has grown and you see the reduction in the scarring this will last for years. As you get older, you may start to see some volume loss in the face, and when this happens you may begin to notice the scars a bit more. At that point you can do a fat transfer to the face.

In some patients with severe scarring, I will do both the 1540 with a fat transfer and subcision of the scars.

Good luck!

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon