What kind of chin surgery should I get? (photos)

I am currently 20 years old. I have been very self-conscious about my chin since middle school. My chin was normal when I was younger but then I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism during puberty and I just feel like this isn't how I was supposed to look. My face is already fairly long (I have a very gummy smile and cannot close my mouth completely when I am completely relaxed) and I currently have braces but not for an overbite, just for straightening my teeth. What kind of surgery should I get?

What kind of chin surgery should I get?

+1
  This will depend to some extent upon how involved you want the surgery to be.  A chin implant procedure is a relatively simple operation that would improve the profile.

Kenneth  Hughes, MD

Gummy smile

+1
Gummy smile means that your upper jaw grew down too much. When this happens, the chin moves with it in a downward and back position. 
So I advise jaw surgery instead of chin. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

What kind of chin surgery should I get?

+1
The photographs show a significant recessive chin present which  can be treated with a chin implant. If the teeth are out of alignment, consider a genioplasty.  Chin implants can be placed under local anesthesia, are composed of Silastic, are inserted through a sub mental approach and come in many different sizes and shapes. For more information and many examples, please see the links below