I Just Want to Know if my Front Wrinkles Are Going to Go Away? (photo)

I thought my tummy was an easy fix and now I have this front wrinkles and just want to know and what other doctors think! If my front wrinkles well smooth out!!

Wrinkling of skin early in postoperative period after tummy tuck

+2

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Congrats on getting your procedure done!  Bunching of the skin is relatively common after a tummy tuck especially if your surgeon was trying to keep your incision on the shorter side.  You are still early in the recovery process so it is difficult to predict how much of your skin will smooth out.  Some of it will smooth out with time, give it at least 3-6 months.  Good luck with your recovery!

I Just Want to Know if my Front Wrinkles Are Going to Go Away?

+2

Some degree of puckering is alway present after a TT. When it is time to close, the surgeon is dealing with a lower incision that is close to  a straight line, and an upper incision closer to a semi-circle, and that upper incision is longer, leading to gathers. Although gathers in cloth are permanent ( as in pleats), skin remodels, and these usually go away, always improve.  

Allow three to six months for these to improve or resolve, and follow up closely with your surgeon. All the best. 

Still early

+2

Thanks for your ? and pic. It looks like you are still very early in the healing process. Normally it is closer to 6 weeks before you have a better idea of what it will look like. It does look like you have lost some of the elasticity of this skin in the lower abdomen. This will not allow the skin to stretch and snap back to the degree that it once did. I'm sure with time it will improve. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Wrinkles after TT

+1

Congratulations on your procedure!!  Don't worry, pleating/gathering of skin is normal at this point of your recovery and most of it does go away with time.  Sometimes a scar revision or dog ear removal is necessary later but nothing to worry about just yet and an easy correction.  Make sure to continue your follow up visits with your surgeon and follow post-op instructions and I'm sure you will have a great final result! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles in Skin After Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+1

You are pretty early in your recovery. Some degree of bunching and puckering will resolve with time and some will not. It all depends on how tight things are when trying to bring the skin edges back together at the end of surgery. Only your surgeon knows how much skin could safely be removed.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Contour irregularities along the incision usually disappear with time after abdominoplasty.

+1

Irregularities along the incision should improve significantly over time. Whether or not they disappear completely remains to be seen although most do.

Will my pleats from tummy tuck go away

+1

Generally if the tummy tuck does not look great and smooth on the operating table its is unlikely it will improve to a perfect result later.  Yes its common to have a longer upper incision on the top of the skin flap compared to the lower incision but meticulous skin closure should address this issue with minimal or no pleats.  You have small dog ears on the lateral sides of your incision so the incision was slightly too short and should have been extended to get rid of these dog ears.  The uneven puckering in the skin flap on the upper part of the incision means part of the deeper fascia and dermis may have been pulled unevenly during the closure process.  This may improve with time as the tissue relax.  The quality of the closure will vary from surgeon to surgeon and will reflect how smooth the incision looks.  There is considerable overhang of the upper flap compared to the lower pubic area.  This represents a discrepancy between the amount of fat of the lower skin flap compared to the upper skin flap.  When this is the case either liposuction of the upper flap to even the discrepancy or leaving more fat on the lower skin flap is needed to match the flap thickness.  I think when the scar has healed you will need a scar revision and liposuction  to improve the results.  Dr. Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Post #TummyTuck Skin Wrinkling

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have some "puckering" of the skin. This can be common after a tummy tuck depending on the quality of your skin. The vast majority of this will improve with time. You are early in the process since your drains are in place, but I would assume this will take months. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Skin puckering

+1

Much of that skin puckering will go away once you begin scar massage therapy.  You are swollen right now and all this should get better with time.  Followup with your PS as scheduled.

wishing you a speedy recovery

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS