Is How Healing is or is It Going to Be Wrinkled Also when It Heals?? Does It Still Look Like Extra Skin is Left? (photo)

So I'm 3 days post op I just don't want to have lose skin still and I want to heal with a straight line! I'm scared that maybe this wasn't worth it!! With it looking like this it doesn't look like it's going to straighten out!

Return to your surgeon

+3

You do appear to have a little more swelling than normal from what can be seen on the photo. You should return to you surgeon and let them examine you to be sure you don't have any problem. 

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Redundant skin of the lower abdomen following an abdominoplasty

+2

You do appear to have redundant skin of the lower abdomen.  A pre-operative photograph would be useful to help reconstruct the problem.  Once you have healed  you may benefit from a  revision. 

Extra skin

+2

I generally don't like to comment on ongoing recovery. You should trust your surgeon and seek their guidance. In your case , I do believe that a lot of skin was bunched medially to avoid a longer scar. Not much to do right now but wait, wear compression garments and consider revision if  things don't look right after 3 months

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkled skin

+2

Hi Cindy. It's very early, so difficult to tell. My gut and experience tell me that a revision at some time may be needed. Wear your girdle and binder 24/7 for 6 weeks. There definitely will be improvement.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Expect significant improvement in contour irregularities along the incision after abdominoplasty.

+1

Irregularities along the incision are greater than usual. Nevertheless I think you can expect significant improvement over time.

Is How Healing is or is It Going to Be Wrinkled Also when It Heals?? Does It Still Look Like Extra Skin is Left?

+1

Just based upon that one post operative photo - NO before posted!- you have a problem that needs to be discussed with your chosen surgeon.. 

Concerned about loose skin after tummy tuck

+1

You are only 3 days postop from tummy tuck. Your result will look better over time as swelling decreases. The "wrinkled," puckering area will also improve; however, you may need a scar revision in couple months.

Sugene Kim, MD