How Soon After Rhinoplasty Can I Get Fillers for Open Roof Deformity and Flat Profile?

I had a primary open rhinoplasty 2 weekday ago, to fix bump on nose and wide bridge. He performed an osteotomy. My nose looks very flat on profile view and frontal view on bridge. I also feel a ridge on my bridge. Is this an open roof deformity? Hoe soon can I get a revision and/or fillers as a temporary fix. Please help! I am very upset with results but still giving the doctor the benefit of the doubt knowing that it is still too early to tell but I cannot see this getting better.

Fillers After Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend that my patients wait at least one year before they undergo a revision rhinoplasty. I would avoid fillers unless you definitely do not want to have another surgery. Fillers are generally a temporary fix, while a revision rhinoplasty may permanently correct your problems.

Fillers after Rhino

+1

You are wise to give your surgeon the benefit of the doubt at this point. You are way too early to be very worried at this point. Swelling can take a year to resolve but it will be a good 6 months before the look starts to settle down. I would not consider any filler here for at least 6 months. If you need a revision then wait one year because the scars need to settle.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Open Roof Deformity and Fillers

+1

If you truly have an open roof deformity despite lateral osteotomies, the best treatment for this is to redo the lateral osteotomies.

Fillers should never be used for an open roof deformity. The filler effects are not permanent and they require re-injection every 9-12 months. Each injection will add up in cost over time and the results will be less than optimal.

Revision surgery is the only definitive treatment for your problem.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Avoid fillers after rhinoplasty

+1
At two weeks you are too soon to really know how things will sort out after your rhinoplasty. A small degree of panic is 'normal' but you should avoid fillers and fixes until the nose is fully healed.

Post operative recovery after rhinopalsty

+1

The healing time for rhinoplasty is at least 9-12 months if not longer. The sooner you revise or do any intervention, the more likely you will have further complications since the wound is not healed. The nose goes through changes during this healing period and may not look the same as early post operative period. I would recommend letting this process to complete ( or wait at least 5-6 months ) before considering filler injections etc. under the guidance of your surgeon. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon for fillers after rhinoplasty

+1

This is way to early for you to be thinking about revisions or other procedures. There is a lot of swelling and you are not seeing the final result. Many people have a lot of trouble seeing themselves the way they will be or adjusting to the new  look at this point. This is the time to have good communication with your doctor and above all be patient and follow his/her advice.Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Immediate postoperative rhinoplasty results

+1

At this point, you are too soon out from surgery to have fillers or anything drastic done to your nose. I would wait at least several months before considering any temporary fillers and it is customary to wait one year prior to performing any revision surgery. I would follow-up closely with your surgeon during the healing process as there may be measures he/she can do to impact the final results while you heal.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon