Cheek (Malar) and Chin Implants Not Right... Now What?

A month ago, I had cheek & chin implants to add fullness & correct my recessed chin. I have lost the ability to smile and, when I talk, my mouth is drawn down and inward in a sort of gaunt look.There is a lot of fullness around my nose and mouth & my cheeks have an unnatural amount of projection, lower on my face than I expected. The right side of my face is also much fuller than the left so my mouth is crooked when I move. My chin is high/full on one side, pushing my lower lip up. Please advise

Early Healing After Cheek and Chin Implants

+1

Even though it is still early in the healing of your facial implants, some of these symptoms you are describing seem more than the typical patient experiences. However, it is important to give it another month or two and see how the swelling and mouth movement improves. If there is not significant improvement in these symptoms, then it is possible the implants (particularly the chin) may need to be repositioned/adjusted.

Be Patient and Take Think About Your Next Steps

+1

You are still early in your healing process.  The swelling from the procedure can continue to resolve over a couple of months.  There appears that there may be issues from your surgery, asymmetries, changes in your smile, etc, but I would not advise more surgery at this time.  I would continue to follow up with your surgeon to see if these issues slowly improved.  If they do  not improve over a couple of months, then I would consider additional procedure.  When undergoing additional procedures, I would advise you to go slowly and choose a good doctor.

I would also re-post with pictures as that would be helpful.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and chin implants not right.

+1

Cheek and chin implants not right after 1 month is normal. It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go down. See your surgeon but do nothing surgical now.