My Nose Looked Perfect After the Cast Was Taken off Now Two Weeks Later Its Back to the Original Self?

I guess my question is , would it be possible for the lateral nasal bones to spread to the original state or perhaps the surgeon didn't shave enough bone? The nurse assured me that my nose will look just as good or better when the cast was removed , but now when I feel along the lateral sides of my nose, the bones feel to be just as widely spread as before! I am so upset!

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

After 2 weeks you will still have a considerable amount of swelling that can affect the appearance of your final result. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal before coming to any conclusions. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months before the final result of your surgery is evident. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he or she knows the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Normal swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

More than likely the cast or splint on you nose compressed the soft tissue and kept it from swelling.  Now that it is removed you are noticing more swelling.  This is normal.

Nasal bones after surgery

+1

It is difficult to answer this without pre and post photos. I will say that at two weeks you are probably swollen and this will take several months and up to a year to subside for most patients.