Which implant is better? Mentor or Natrelle?

Which implant is better; mentor or natrelle? I've read that natrelle has more size options and a thicker silicone shell, but mentor has a better warranty; they replace the implants as a pair, not just one.

Mentor vs. Natrelle

+1
Both manufacturers make high quality implants. Rupture rates are comparable between both companies. For the round gels there is little difference. Natrelle does have a larger variety of shaped gel implants, but they are quite a bit firmer than Mentors. The bottom line is that choosing between the two implant companies is much less important than choosing the correct procedure for yourself.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Mentor vs natrelle

+1
I think they are both great products.I use Mentor which is my choice.Either one will give you a good result.More important than the type of implant is the surgeon you go to.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mentor, Natrelle, or Sientra Breast Implants

+1
Mentor, Natrelle and Sientra all provide breast implants. At this time, not one of these companies provides every single size. Therefore, most plastic surgeons use breast implants from more than one breast implant manufacturer. 

What is most important to patients is selecting the plastic surgeon with the best education, training, and results. A plastic surgeon should be able to demonstrate his expertise with many, many before and after photos of breast augmentation surgery. each patient should be photographed from three angles with similar lighting, distance from the camera and cropping. 

Also, more important than the brand of implant is your safety. Ask about surgery center accreditation, who will be in the OR with you and check on post operative care. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mentor or Natrelle

+1
You won't go wrong with either. More importantly, don't choose your surgeon just on the basis of whether he uses Mentor or Natrelle. There are far more important considerations.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Best implants for breast augmentation

+1
There are three FDA approved manufacturers of gel implants: Sientra, McGhan (Allergan), and Mentor.  All have similar gel types with Sientra being the softest.  Mentor implants are made in America and are supported by the parent company Johnson and Johnson.  Allergan is part of a huge company.  Both of these manufacturers are likely to be around for years to come (good for implant warranty).

All implants come in different sizes and shapes; the best implant is the one that matches your chest.  Some companies offer rebates to the patient that may affect pricing.

Your surgeon should be able to review with you a complete portfolio of pictures so you can see which implants offer which types of results for which body and breast shapes.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Mentor vs. Allergan

+1
Thank you for your question.  Definitely on the FAQ list in my practice.  Mentor and Allergan are 2 of 3 companies that sell breast implants in the US.  The third is Sientra.  All are FDA approved and come in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit your specific needs.  Sientra only distributes their implants to plastic and reconstructive surgeons.  Having worked with all of them I can honestly say that they are all high quality implants that can give great results. 
Surgeon preference is really what determines the brand of implant you're likely to get at any given office, and choosing between Allergan, Mentor or Sientra implants is less important than choosing the right surgeon.  What is important is that you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who can deliver the results you desire. 
Best of luck to you,

Ruth Celestin, MD

Ruth Celestin, MD

Implants

+1
I would choose my surgeon first and then go with his recommendations regarding implants

Dr  Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Implant Type

+1
Both Mentor and Natrelle make quality implamts.I have used both.I allow patients to see and feel both and 95% of patients prefer the feel of Mentor implants in my experience.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Different Implants are Suited for Different Applications, Choosing Your Surgeon Is Much More Important!

+1
The reality is that the surgeon you choose is more important than the company.  I use primarily Allergan because I only use anatomically shaped form stable "gummy bear" implants.  I believe the safety profile is well worth the extra expense and Allergan has the largest diversity in size and shape allowing me to pick the best implant for each patient from their 410 line.  Mentor has only one shape that applies well to less patients but their form stable anatomic implant is of similar quality.  Sientra also makes an excellent product but I find the profile of their implants to be a bit too high for most of my patients seeking a natural look.  I would avoid older generation non-form stable implants because I do not believe additional risk is worth a bit of financial savings and would avoid at all cost high profile round shapes!  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maerkcs M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Mentor or Allergan Natrelle?

+1
Good question. No real good answer. I have used both for many years. They both perform very well. Some surgeons will prefer one over the other because of service. I think the only real difference I can say for sure is that the textured surface on the Allergan implants is more aggressive and tends to adhere better and give a thinner capsule. More detail than you probably care about.

Ronald Schuster, MD