Follow up to prior question. In regard to the 1L limit on liposuction combined with TT does it specify a particular area?

In regard to The 1L limit on liposuction combined with TT does it specify a particular area? I do not plan on getting abdominal liposuction. I know there is a safety issue with blood loss in the abdominal region so I would think this is only why there is a restriction. But if I am just getting my flanks and back liposuctioned, does it apply? I need clarification. I do have a consult scheduled with a board certified plastic surgeon.
This is a follow up to an old question which can be read here.

FLorida law on restriction of liposuction

+1
Florida law restricts liposuction to 1 L in any area whatsoever if done with another major procedure. Florida law restricts liposuction to 4 L if done as the only operation.
It does not vary with the area of liposuction.
The area of greatest blood loss with liposuction in my experience is the mid and upper back.

+1
The answer to your question is NO. No particular area is signaled out. The fat may be removed from your hips or thighs.......it matters not.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

+1
This will depend upon the facility that is used. Find an expert with great reviews and before and after pictures.

Liposuction and abdominoplasty in Florida

+1
These are questions that are best answered by your plastic surgeon in Florida. He will be familiar with the legal limitations placed on liposuction and abdominoplasty by the  Florida Medial Board.  

1liter limit in Florida

+1
The Florida board of medicine rule only applies to in office operating suites NOT ASCs or in hospital ORs. As for which areas , there is nothing about the area to have liposuction. 

1 Liter Liposuction Limit.

+1
Thank you for your question.  This is a specific limit imposed in the state of Florida due to liposuction complications in that state.  To my knowledge there is no such requirement outside of Florida and no data to support this number.  Discuss this matter specifically with your FL board certified plastic surgeon for additional clarification. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction limits

+1
Actually the limit on liposuction is a Florida board of medicine rule and only applies in outpatient plastic surgery clinics. Many board certified plastic surgeons perform tummy tucks and no limit liposuction in state or federally licensed ambulatory surgery centers (ASC). There is no research or science to support this rule. It was an arbitrary decision placed by the board of medicine to control cosmetic surgery when performed under less regulated conditions such as in doctors offices and/or spas.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon