Pains After Breast Reconstruction with Silicone Implant?

i have severe back pain,,its now 2 years after my mastectomy and silicone implant .and also sharp pain on my left chest..pls can someone help me

Breast reconstruction

+1
The capsule or scar around your implant maybe causing the problem.  There are alternatives for you if this pain worsens.

Three basic forms of breast reconstruction exist. You can use your own tissue, implants or a combination of the previous two techniques. Your own tissue can be used in the form of the DIEP flap, PAP flap, SGAP flap or fat grafting. Implants can be done in one stage or two stage. Two stage reconstructions are started by placing expanders at the time of mastectomy. Once they expanders are placed they are able to be inflated as determined by wound healing. The final time consists of combining any of the above techniques.

If you are interested in being see in Austin please give us a call. I know this is a difficult time for you. The majority of my practice is devoted to reconstruction for women with breast cancer or who are BRCA+

Pain After Surgery Requires Evaluation

+1

Pain two years after breast reconstruction where implants were used is most commonly capsular contracture which is scar tissue that can form around the implants.  More unusual sources of pain could also include nerve damage which may be permanent.  Even more unlikely diagnoses could include recurrent cancer (again, very unlikely).  In any case any of these possible issues should be evaluated by your treating surgeon to see if improvements can be made.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Pain after mastectomy

+1

If yoga re having paining in your reconstructed breast, it is certainly a good idea to have it evaluated.  Good luck.

Severe pain 2 years after mastectomy and reconstruction

+1

It is impossible to tell what may be causing your pain.  But you need to seek medical attention to get this pain worked up.  Please see your internist/PCP for an evaluation. In addition, given your history of breast cancer, please start with a visit with your breast oncologist.   

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS