I Have a Painful Vein Under my Breast. I Am Very Busty. What Are My Options?

Painful Veins

+1

Thank you for your question. This should be looked at by your OBGYN or General Surgeon.  This may need a surgical option, or another option may be possible.  A laser will only address the superficial vessel, and the vein may not be the only issue. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Need to be examined

+1

Without examining it is difficult to say with certainty what the problem would be.  Best thing to do is see your plastic surgeon who performed the surgery.  But, most likely it could be thrombosis of a vein which can be helped with warm compresses and NSAIDS.  Speak to your plastic surgeon to get a more accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Painful Vein Under the Breast

+1

There are several reasons why the vein under your breast may be painful.  It may be due to vein thrombosis, which in tern causes inflammation and pain, it may also be due something underlying the vein and has nothing to do with the vein itself.  The best thing to do is to see a Breast Surgeon right away and ensure that there is nothing more significant going on. 

Sometimes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications can help, but before treating yourself, make sure you see a physician.

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Painful Vein under Breast

+1

Hi there-

Without knowing more about the circumstances of your complaint, and without an exam, it would be very difficult to give you a responsible answer...

Visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS