How Painful is Smart Lipo Procedure?

I'm going in for Smart Lipo of the chin and abs tomorrow and I can't stop my teeth from chattering. Don't know why I'm so nervous. Is it as painful as a Cesarean. I had two of those. Thanks.

Smart Lipo Recovery

+1

Patient experiences with regard to pain following liposuction vary greatly. I have patients who have very little pain following small to medium liposuction procedures. Typically, patients will use pain medication from anywhere from a couple of days to a week or so. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor prior to your procedure.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo not very painful

+1

Usually, the chin doesn't hurt much at all. I often do it under local anesthesia and the only pain pill the patient takes is the one the nurse gives him or her in the recovery room.

The abs may hurt more depending on how big you are and consequently how extensive the procedure is. Sometimes, there is no bruising and minimal pain but if you have more to treat, the procedure will be bigger and the recovery longer.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon