Painful Sharp Twinge Along Nasal Bones After Rhinoplasty - Is This Normal?

I had an extensive open revision rhinoplasty 9 days ago which included breaking and resetting the nasal bones. When I make a certain facial expression, like raising eyebrows rapidly in shock, I feel a sharp painful twinge along my nasal bones right between the eyes. Is this a normal part of healing or should I be concerned with how the bone is mending? (This is the 2nd time my bones have been broken in a rhino procedure).

Painful sharp twinge along nasal bones after rhinoplasty - is this normal?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. 9 days is still very soon after surgery, and you may experience the following side effects:

1) Swelling
2) Bruising
3) Mild pain
4) Congestion

If your nasal bones were fractured, it is not abnormal to feel pain associated with certain facial expressions. This is something that will improve over time, and I would recommend communicating these concerns to your surgeon. It is possible you may be more sensitive since this is the second time they were broken. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Nine days post-op from an Open Rhinoplasty is very soon.  However, if you feel some pain that doesn't seem right, you should call and speak with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon...just to be on the safe side.