Very Painful Scar on the Bottom of my Inverted T Mastopexy

11 weeks post-operatory and the scar on the bottom of my inverted mastopexy scar is killing me. what are the possible causes of this? what can be done to get rid of this pain? please respond. thanks!

Pain after Mastopexy?

+1

Direct physical examination will be necessary to give you accurate advice. Sometimes, pain in this area is related to a suture;  often, this can be removed at some stage to help you with your symptoms. Otherwise, the pain may be related to abnormal scarring and/or neuroma.

I would suggest follow-up with your plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and guidance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Painful scar

+1

If you have a painful scar after a mastopexy, this should be evaluated. I could it be hypertrophic, keloidal, etc?  I can not say without an exam. You shoudl speak to yor surgeon in person.

Painful scar after mastopexy

+1

Painful scars after surgery should be evaluated by the surgeon. Occasionally an abnormal scar may form after mastopexy, and appropriate treatment depends on correctly identifying the underlying cause.

Painful mastopexy scar

+1

It is not uncommon to get additional scar tissue at the "T" of a mastopexy.  Less common is for it to be painful.  Initial pain relief can be attained with a steroid injection.  Ultimately you will want that scar removed, so that it can be as flat and narrow as the rest of your scars.  this excision could be done about nine months after your initial surgery.  Your surgeon may be willing to provide both of these treatments at no additional charge, so you should consult with him.

Lincoln Plastic Surgeon

Painful breast reduction scar

+1

A painful inverted T scar is unusual. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon. In most cases it is related to keloid scar formation and can be improved with steroid injections if this is the case. Alternatively, it may require scar revision which will most likely be deferred until 4-6 months after surgery.

Painful Scar

+1

I am sorry to hear about your issue.  The best thing to do is to revisit with your plastic surgeon.  The painful scar could be due to many things (suture, scar, infection,etc) and the treatment is based on the cause. Examination by your plastic surgeon is IMPORTANT.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES