Is Painful Massage Really Necessary?

It's been 10 days since my surgery and I have yet to see my doctor. The nurses check everything, but they insist on giving me painful massages to prevent CC. The massages are so painful that I cannot stop myself from crying and yelling. They tell me that the massages that I give myself at home are too weak. I can literally hear and feel what they identify as hardening tissue separating from my implant. Is this true and necessary?

Painful massage

+1

Implant displacement exercises (sometimes referred to as massage) are intended to keep the pocket open around the implant and help your tissues to soften and settle after surgery.  It can be uncomfortable early after surger, but many surgeons (including myself) feel that it does hasten recovery.  Sometimes taking pain medication prior to doing the exercises can make it less painful.

Maui Plastic Surgeon