Painful lump under my lip. Extreme swelling after my Juvederm injection? (photo)

I had my lips injected with juvederm yesterday 11/18/13 and today I have extreme swelling on bottom lip and there is also a big lump that is painful that I can see on the inside of my lip. I've had several juvederm treatments in the past and never had this much swelling before. As the Doctor injected my bottom lip I felt the needle go deeper than what I was used to feeling in the middle part of my lip. I took advil on the day of my appt, which I knew would cause me to bruise/swell more. Help!

Juvederm Swelling

+1

Lips are very sensitive/prone to swelling after fillers and it can take approx 1-2 weeks for swelling to completely go away. However, seeing your provider for further evaluation is always recommended.

Juvederm Swelling

+1

There is no question that the lips in the photo provided are very swollen. I recommend that you return to your injecting Doctor for evaluation. Depending on the circumstances, a steroid dose pack and ice can be helpful.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon