Is it possible to get these painful, disfiguring clumps of Sculptra out of my lips? Lower lip is the most painful.

Obviously I know the b.c.p.s. had no knowledge of what he was injecting/implanting. Is there any way to excise. The material is mostly in the lower lip boarder as if he was injecting lip liner. Any help would be so appreciated.

Sculptra in lips

+2
They should be excised, but it will ot be easy to get great results without any scarring. Please see a different plastic surgeon than the one who injected you. It is for this readon that we generally do not inject the lips.

Sculptra in the lips.

+1
You are probably going to have it surgically excised. Sculptra is a good product, but it is not indicated for the lips, or eyelids, for that matter.

John Newkirk, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1
You may need to have the nodules removed by a surgeon. I recommend seeing a different surgeon than whoever initially treated you. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Sculptra should not be injected in lips!

+1
Sculptra should not be injected in lips. Too often nodules will form. They need to be excised. I would see another surgeon. Hyaluronic acids should be the filler for the lips.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra and the Lip

+1
Sculptra is a wonderful product but it is ill advised to inject Sculptra into the lips.  How many days ago were you injected? Are you massaging the treated area? Please find a board certified dermatologist and see if the nodules can be injected with Kenalog or removed.  Please let me know what happens.

Michele S. Green, MD