Pain 4 Years After Otoplasty

Hi, I had an otoplasty done in one ear 4 years ago. Every now and the I get pain in the area where the fold was done, even though the pain has returned in larger time intervals as the years have passed, I still get this pain about once every 3 months. Is this normal?

No, not normal, go back and see your surgeon

+2

No, pain this far out is not normal, please go back and see your surgeon to figure out what the cause of the pain is.

Pain several years after otoplasty

+2

IT isn't typical to have intermittent pain after an otoplasty. I would recommend that you have the area checked out by your surgeon.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Ear pain after otoplasty

+2

David, Pain this far out is unusual.  Best explanations would be a traumatic neuroma (scar involving a nerve behind the ear) or a skin cyst that has formed in the wound.  It would be best to have the incision examined directly by the surgeon who perfomed the procedure.

Mark Loury, MD
Fort Collins Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ottoplasty

+2

Pain so many years after the surgery is not normal. See your doctor for exam and diagnosis and treatment