Tearing/Burning Pain 2 Years After Abdominoplasty Around Naval, Normal?

I am continuing to experience a sharp, burning and tearing sensation to the side of my naval two years after an abdominoplasty. I have not gained weight and have not changed any of my activities. Any ideas what might be causing this and what might help relieve the pain? Thanks so much.

Pain 2 years after abominoplasty

+1

This is not normal 2 years after your surgery.  You need a re-evaluation by your surgeon.  This pain may or may not be related to the abdominoplasty surgery at this late date.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Sugeon.

Pain 2 Years after Tummy Tuck?

+1

It will be in your best interests  to see your primary care physician and/or plastic surgeon for a thorough history,  physical examination, and possible radiologic workup. Based on these evaluations you will likely be provided a diagnosis and treatment plan.  You may find that the diagnosis may or may not have anything to do with the previous surgery.

Unfortunately,  without going through the evaluation process described above,  any information you receive from online consultants will be incomplete at best and potentially confusing.

Sharp Belly Button Pain 2 years after Tummy Tuck

+1

Sharp pain localized to the belly button is not normal in the immediate postoperative period and certainly not as log as 2 years later. Based on a physical examination you may benefit from a MRI looking for a hernia or look for a possible neuroma where a nerve may have been caught in a stitch.