Pain when Laughing (Septorhinoplasty)?

I am 2 weeks post-op. I under went a septorhinoplasty to correct a broken septum and straighten the nose. 2 days ago I was laughing hardly and felt some pain in the tip of the nose, when I stopped the pain went. Also today I was laughing and experciend the same pain. Is this normal or do I have to be alarmed. Thanks

Pain in nose when laughing

+1

Since you are early post-op from rhinoplasty, it is quite common for laughing to cause pain in the nose as the skin is being pulled on when you smile and laugh. It should get better with time.

Nasal pain when laughing 2 wks post septorhinoplasty

+1

The pain you are experiencing in your nose when laughing is temporary and not unusual post septorhinoplasty.  It is expected to resolve in time.  Hope all else is well.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon