Pain 3 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck?

Hi I had full TT and lipo on flank areas 3 weeks ago. Today I have noticed that the right side of my abdomen is more swollen than the left side,and I am having a horrid uncomfortable pain in my rib area the right side when I wear my compression garment/corset. Is this normal or should I make an appointment to see my surgeon.

Significant asymmetry with pain after abdominoplasty should be brought to the attention of the surgeon.

+1

It is possible that you have a collection of fluid which would benefit from drainage. The significant asymmetry is suggestive of that it should be brought to the attention of your surgeon.

Pain 3 weeks after tummy tuck surgery and liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question.  New sudden pain 3 weeks post surgery should always lead to a visit to your plastic surgeon.  It could be normal healing especially after liposuction which sometimes is associated with muscle pain and spasm.  That being said, the unilateral new swelling is somewhat of a concern after tummy-tuck surgery and a seroma or abscess should be rules out.  So please, visit your plastic surgeon and he/she will be able to determine clinically and perhaps with an ultrasound study the nature of those new symptoms.  Hope this helps! From one of Toronto leading expert in Body Contouring surgery, Dr. Marc DuPere, plastic surgeon.

Marc DuPéré, MD

Any unusual or new development after surgery should be brought to attention of your surgeon

+1

If you have new developments and new symptoms while you are recovering from your surgery you should immediately call your surgeon so that he/she can check you out.

Vasdev Rai, MD