Pain One Week Breast Aug Post Op with Bra, Normal?

Saw ps today and they gave me post op bra. Well after a few hours of wearing it I was in so much pain I called ps and they said I can get a different one at store. I went immediately and got new bra which feels better but now I have unbearable on the sides of my breasts and under where incision is. I am still icing per ps but I am afraid that first bra damaged something because it was too tight. Is it normal to have so much pain with the bra and or one week post op?

Post op bra

+2

Pain one week after augmentation is not uncommon, however it seems you are describing an increase in pain directly related to the bra you've been wearing.  I would suggest taking the current bra you are using, along with a couple of other size/style choices with you and visit your plastic surgeon's office.  There you can try them on and see which one fits you best and most comfortably.  After breast augmentation, you want gentle support for the breasts, but not something too constrictive. Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

Pain after breast augmentation is fairly common but if it was directly related to the bra that was too tight, it should get better. If you have concerns you should speak to your surgeon.

Pain post augmentation

+1
I do not think the bra damaged anything. Pain at one week postoperative is not unusual. If you have other signs such as increased swelling on the painful side versus the other side or persistent pain, you see your board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Painful Bra After Surgery

+1

Wearing a bra for a few hours is unlikely to cause any permanent damage.  At one week, it is normal to still feel sore and have swelling.  Applying pressure on some of these  areas can be painful.  However, this pain should improve a few hours after taking off the pressure.  If it lasts longer than that and you still have pain the next day, you should probably be examined by your plastic surgeon to make sure everything is okay.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Given that you are describing your pain as  “unbearable”,  it would be in your best interest to be examined by your plastic surgeon. It is unlikely that the bra  has done in the permanent “damage”. It is possible that it was putting pressure on an area of dissection/ inflammation.

Again, for real peace of mind it would be best for you to be seen by her plastic surgeon if your discomfort is significant and/or not improving.

Best wishes for the remainder of your recovery.