Pain and Swelling Years After Rhinoplasty

I had rhinoplasty about 7 years ago. I had noticed a small hump years after but it wasn't bad enough for me to want to go back in. A few weeks ago I noticed pressure pain in my nose that lasted for about 3 weeks. I noticed in my picture that it looks horrible. What could be wrong with my nose? I went to an ENT and he said nothing was wrong inside my nose. The dr. who did my surgery is now deceased. I have had no trauma to my nose and the pain still comes and goes.

+1

Ultra sound and CT scan of the area could help to a correct diagnostic.From the photograph provided it looks that you have a mucus retention cyst ;a single needle aspiration could confirm this diagnostic.

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Residual dorsal hump

+1

From the photograph provided it looks like you have residual bony hump that is apparent following resolution of nasal swelling. Swelling in the nose can persist for upto 5 years. As the swelling has resolved, this has become more prominent.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Swelling Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to see another ENT physician experienced in rhinoplasty surgery. An MRI or CAT scan can be helpful. There are multiple possible causes, some not related to your surgery. 

Pain and Swelling Years After Rhinoplasty...Possible Retention Cyst

+1

Hi RNC,

You should have your nose evaluated by either another ENT who performs rhinoplasty, or another rhinoplasty surgeon.  There is the possibility that you have formed a mucus retention cyst (or some other growth) over time.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nasal mid vault swelling and pain 7 years after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is a bit sketchy history  but the first thing that comes to mind when I look at your picture is  your surgeon could have used an alloplastic material and you have a late reaction to it.

The original operative dictation could be very helpfull,if you have a copy  see another plastic surgeon and let him go over it.

Erel Laufer, MD

Long term outcome after Rhinoplasty

+1

With the information you provided it is difficult to provide a clear response.

Your presentation 7 years after a rhinoplasty could result from a number of causes- some of which not related to the prior surgery years ago.

I would suggest that you try to obtain your operative report, pre surgical pictures, and see a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  It may also be necessary to obtain a CT Scan of the area to look for any evidence of pathology.

I hope this helped,

Sergio Pasquale Maggi, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

Small bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Small bumps that increase in size, tender to touch and mobile may be a fluid-filled cyst. Easily disgnosed with needle aspiration. Ultra sound and CT scan are other diagnostic modality. Implants, cartilage or otherwise, may be the cause but they don't change in size.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon