Why No Pain, Soreness or Bruising in my Bra Roll Area After Tumescent Liposuction?

I had tumescent liposuction done on my stomach, flanks & my bra roll along w/ muscle plication & a very slight mini tuck about 5 weeks ago. I see a big difference in all other areas but my bra roll is exactly the same as before w/ no bruising, soreness, pain or incision site. I am really beginning to think that my plastic surgeon did not treat that area although he said "he did and its just swelling". I dont want to make a big fuss because he did the muscle plication for free. is this normal?

+1

The upper back is an area that is frequently underliposuctioned.  Having said that, it is important to be realistic about results in this area.   Depending upon anatomy, the latissimus dorsi and scapula along with thick skin, fibrous tissue, and skin laxity make results in this area appear less than expected in some patients.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Missed area?

+1

You could be right. Maybe it was missed with so much being done. At your next follow-up be sure to mention what you wrote here. If you don't get an adequate answer or result, let us know here.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Normal Healing

+1

You are still very early in your healing, and I expect you will see more improvement as time goes on.  This area takes a lot of time for the skin to shrink and you definitely can still have swelling in the tissues at this point.  Your surgeon may have been able to address this area from one of your other incisions, which helps to keep scarring at a minimum.  Some areas of the body don't show bruising as easily, and everyone is different.  Some patients are very bruised after surgery and other patients have just a minimal amount.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but do keep an open mind when he/she asks you to give the healing process more time.  Good luck!

Steven Heaney, MD
Erie Plastic Surgeon