Is it Common to Experience No Pain or Side Effects?

I've had stomach done with typical side effects. But I went back and had inner thighs done and I've had no side effects, pain, bruising, tingling... Etc and am concerned that I didn't get a good treatment? No sensitivity or any thing! I'm glad as long as this doesn't mean I had bad treatment!

Coolsculpting side effects

+3

Coolsculpting works consistently and is an excellent procedure for reducing the fat.Typically we are seeing that those patients who end up getting temporary discomfort following coolsculpting are those that have it performed on their lower abdomen with the number 8. The other treated areas, back, flanks, love handles do seem to not have the post op side effects associated with it.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

No side effects and CoolSculpting

+2

No, just because you have no side effects it does NOT mean that your treatment did not work.  The area that usually produces the most side effects is the abdominal area.

Enjoy the results! Follow up with your doctor.

Best Wishes!

Pain or discomfort after Zeltiq CoolSculpting

+2

I wouldn't worry too much about not experiencing discomfort or other side effects.  The symptoms post CoolSculpting are not predictive of the eventual outcome either in a positive or negative fashion.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Side Effects of CoolSculpting Tend to Vary on Area Treated

+2

I have noticed in my patients after CoolSculpting treatments that side effects vary depending on the area treated.  The abdomen area is certainly the one area that has the most issues with numbness, tingling and pain after the procedure.  Other areas like the thighs, back and love handles commonly have little to no side effects.  It does not reflect poorly on your current treatment that you did not get the same side effects that you got when you had your stomach treated.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Is it Normal to Have No Side Effects After Coolsculpting?

+2

Hi,

Usually, the areas that are more prone to temporary bruising, numbness, and sensitivity are  first the lower abdomen, then the upper abdomen.  We find that the love handles, thighs, and back rolls usually have no symptoms after treatment.  I always tell patients that if they are on any blood thinners like aspirin or fish oil, they are more likely to have temporary bruising that lasts anywhere from 3-7 days on the sides of the applicator where the vacuum applied suction pressure.   Don't worry that you had a bad treatment!  I think you will be happy that not only did you not have any after effects,  you will also have a great result!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

No side effects post treatment

+1
Not having many side effects post treatment is not necessarily a bad thing. The abdomen is almost always the most sensitive area to be treated. As long as the applicator adequately suctioned in your tissue into the cooling panels for an hour each cycle, you should be seeing results in a few weeks. Follow up with the person that performed your treatment if you do not see results in about 3 months.

Steven H. Williams, MD

CoolSculpting can provide excellent results without pain or sensitivity after the Zeltiq treatment

+1

There has been no correlation with success of treatment and the amount of skin sensitivity, soreness, bruising or pain post CoolSculpting for fat loss.   Different areas of the body have different types of fat and less collagen strands and less nerve endings can help make it a more comfortable treatment. As long as the applicator remained attached during the 60 minute treatment and you felt the cold temperature of the skin once the applicator was removed, then you shouldn't have a concern about the effectiveness of the CoolSculpting.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Not necessarily

+1

there are some aspects of coolsculpting which are operator dependant - ie the "draw" that the tissue makes into the device.  some anatomic areas are more difficult to treat because they don't draw well into the device on certain candidates.  hard to say whether you have minimal swelling/bruising simple because or whether the device didn't "draw" well.  time will tell!  good luck to you.

Eric Chang, MD

Zeltiq After Effects...

+1

You are fine!  Results after treatments vary.  Follow up with the office you got treated at in 2 months.

Grant Stevens, MD