PAIN Near Scar Area After Lift/ Implant-- Cause? (photo)

I had a breast lift/implants 3 weeks ago. I had high profile silicone implants done under the muscle. Over the last 4 days I have been extremely tender and getting pain in my left breast near the incision area underneath where the scar from lift is. It's sore to touch and get pain when i move sometimes. scar Isn't that red and no discharge or foul smell, but hard and lumpy.was given antibiotics as prevention after surgery. Is this scar tissue and will get better in time ? Or should I worry?

Pain near scar

+2

Hello Ebz2212

I encourage my patients to contact me with any questions they have. We maintain close contact with our patients. You are not a surgeon and are not expected to know the answer to your questions. We do because this is our business and skill.

I encourage you to contact your Plastic Surgeon so that he can see you and assess the situation.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

PAIN Near Scar Area After Lift/ Implant-- Cause?

+2

This type of issue is best responded to in person by your surgeon in an examination. Over the internet we would be guessing as to cause. 

Pain post breast augmentation

+2

I agree with the other responses.  You should call your surgeon and arrange a checkup.  It may be that things are ok but it is better to be sure.  I'm your surgeon will be happy to see you.

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Pain after lift and augmentation

+2

You should see your surgeon for an evaluation.  Only an exam can determine if a significant provlem is present.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+2

It is hard to offer reassurance with inadequate information, and from what I read, anything short of an in person exam will not be adequate. Call your surgeon. It may be that with some give and take over the phone, a visit may not be needed, but let your surgeon decide.

All the best.