Pain Inside Nose After Removal of Internal Sutures

My PS removed all sutures yesterday and since then the inside of my nose feels tender and abit sore. Is this normal? Thank you.

Suture Removal After Rhinoplasty

+2

It is possible that the inside of the nose was irritated when the sutures were removed.  A small amount of an antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin applied gently to the inside of the nostrils should help with your symptoms.  Although unlikely, an infection would be suspected if the pain continued to worsen or if you began to experience a yellow discharge.  In that case, a quick visit to your surgeon would be advised.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internal suture removal causing pain?

+1

I'm not sure you to answer this.  I've always used dissolvable sutures, on the inside, of the nose for Rhinoplasty for over 20 years.  It's not unusual however, for suture removal to leave the area sore and tender...especially an area that's so sensitive..like the inside of the nose.  You may want to ask your surgeon if you are still concerned in a day or so.