Pain 6 Months After Breast Augmentation. Seroma?

I had a breast augmentation 6 months ago. I got saline implants placed submuscular, 620 in the right and 660 in the left. I have been experiencing pain in my left breast ever since the surgery. The pain is located on the bottom outer-side. I am not sure if it is because it is larger than the other or if there is a possibility of a seroma? When I massage them, there is a "clicking” when it moves. There is no sign of swelling or bruising, just pain. I am not sure if I should go back to see my surgeon…

Large Implants and Pain with Concerns of Seroma

+1

Any concerns for seroma should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon and an ultrasound if the exam is concerning for fluid collection.  Kenneth Hughes, MD, HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Seroma in my breast?

+1

Thanks for sharing. The only way to make the diagnosis of seroma is by physical examination and an ultrasound. Talk to your PS about these concerns. Good luck, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Augmentation Pain

+1

Thanks for posting this question.  It's great that you are paying close attention to your healing process.  As a rule, always see your surgeon with any concerns about your surgery, as there is no substitute for a face-to-face discussion and examination by your plastic surgeon to help diagnose these problems.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Post op

+1

It is unlikely that there is aseroma 6 months post surgery. The discomfort may be related to the size of your implants.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Pain 6 months after breast augmentation is uncommon

+1

You had a sizable implant placed - unclear what is causing your pain issues, but a stop into see your plastic surgeon is certainly recommeded.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Concerns Six Months after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I think your instincts are correct; you will be best off  following up with your plastic surgeon, who is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. Despite your good description, online consultants can only speculate…

Pain 6 months after BA

+1

The symptoms you are describing 6 months after a breast augmentation are not typical. Please return to your original surgeon for an evaluation/ examination. While a seroma could occur and would be diagnosed by an ultrasound it is unlikely. If you are not satisfied with the answers you receive from you surgeon consider obtaining your operative report and seeking a second option. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

You should go back to talk to your surgeon. Although pain at this point can happen, it is uncommon. It may just be inflammation that will respond to anti-inflammatories, but you should call your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Do go and see your surgeon. Without an actual exam, no one is going to be able to offer much in the way of reassurance. The clicking sensation is not suggestive of seroma.