Pain over a Month After Asian Double Eyelid Surgery (Full-incisional Method, with Permanent Non-dissolvable Fixation Sutures)?

Since the procedure 6 wks ago, I have had tightness/pain in my right eye when even the slightest pressure is applied, like after I wash my face and dab my eye area with a towel. It really started getting bad when a few days ago, I rubbed my right eye and I have felt like there is something stuck in it (when there isn't) ever since. I tried natural tear drops and it doesn't feel any better so I don't think my eye is dry. My surgeon is very unresponsive, but I really want to know what's wrong.

Asian Double Eyelid Surgery Complication

+1

6 weeks after Asian Eyelid Surgery, you shouldn't be feeling that kind of pain or experiencing that amount of irritation. Swelling would be normal, but your case doesn't seem to be. Unfortunately since your surgeon isn't responding, I recommend consulting with another oculoplastic surgeon for examination of your eye who can help you figure out what is going on. You may need revisional surgery to correct the problem.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

This needs immediate and careful attention.

+1

As the other surgeons have indicated, this type of pain is not normal.  It may represent an exposed suture under the eyelid, an infected suture, etc.  Something is not right.  Your surgeon needs to diligently examine you.  If they are not board certified in ophthalmology, you may need a consultation with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  Call your surgeon today, now and be seen today.

Eye pain after lid crease eyelid surgery.

+1

It sounds like you are getting irritation from one of hte buried sutures you described. Are you saying your surgeon will not see you or dismisses your complaint? I would think he/she is obliged to follow your progress. If not, get another opinion in person.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after blepharoplasty.

+1

Pain after blepharoplasty is not normal and if your surgeon is unresponsive you should seek a second opinion.

Sutures can be the problem

+1

It may be that the sutures used during the surgery maybe rubbing against your eye during blinking. This can be examined by flipping the eyelid inside out.
If your surgeon is unresponsive,  I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon