Pain and Lumps on Left Breast, How Can I Tell If It's Scar Tissue Or The Implant?

im 6 days post op had 460cc overs, my right breast seems fine but my left is very tender and it feels like a i can feel the implant down the left side and wen i push it inwards the pain eases, is this scar tissue or is it the implant?? also just under the left side above the scar is very tender too

Pain after surgery.

There has not been enough time for the tissue to completely heal after your surgery. Your surgeon definitely needs to examine you during a post op visit and he can determine the cause of your pain. But natural healing needs to occur first.

Grand Junction Plastic Surgeon

2525 N 8th St
Grand Junction, CO 81501

It would be unusual to have any scar issues only 6 days since surgery.  The fact that it eases with pressure makes me think that this is likely muscle related.  With these issues so early in your postoperative period, I would suggest a visit to your doctor just to make sure.  Good Luck! Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

1035 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021

Breast augmentation tenderness

At this  time in your recovery your tenderness is likely related to normal  inflammation expected after surgery. It is too early to have developed scar tissue. I would suggest patience,  use of prescribed medication and continued follow-up with your surgeon.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

ONLY 6 days from surgery. Best to see your operative surgeon to evaluate this issue for peace of mind. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Pain after breast augmentation

It is natural to have pain 6 days after breast augmentation, and this pain may respond to different maneuvers.  It is much too early to have firm scar tissue.  Chances are you are feeling swollen, tender post-op tissue.  I would expect this to resolve.  I suggest you discuss this with your plastic surgeon to put your mind at ease.

Bruce E. Genter, MD, FACS
Abington Plastic Surgeon

2 Park Lane
Feasterville, PA 19053