Sculptra Pain Medication?

I am considering 2 vials of Sculptra to my cheeks and jawline for my inital treatment. What is the best pain med. that could be taken to endure the procedure? Should I ask for a script or is over the counter Tylenol enough for the pain? Thx

Sculptra can be reasonably comfortable

+1

I am a trainer for Sculptra and during most of my trainings we keep the patient very comfortable. On a pain scale, it generally is not more than a 3 out of 10 = "annoying but tolerable." I accomplish this by:

• Mixing one milliliter (1cc) of Xylocaine into each vial of Sculptra
  • Using topical numbing cream on the skin for 30 minutes prior to treatment
  • Using chilled ice packs from the freezer to chill the skin prior to injection

Because Sculptra is not indicated for the lips, Sculptra is sometimes even more comfortable than Juvederm and Restylane.

Very rarely we pre-medicate patients prior to their treatments.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can use topical anesthetic and oral pain medication

+1

You can use topical anesthetic, applied to your skin before treatment.  Oral pain medication can also be used, just talk to your doctor they will prescribe you something.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

For injectibles, either numbing ointment can be applied immediately beforehand or you could ask for a dental block if you are concerned about pain.