Pain on Insicion Site, Extreme Skin Sensitivity, Still Numbness at Bottom of Breast, is This Normal 3 Weeks Post-op BA?

18 days PO recovering from a B. augmentation with periareolar lift, I barely removed all of the bandages off of my areolas yesterday. I'm having sharp sensations where the stitches are.. &extreme sensitivity on the skin around my areolas as well as sensitivity on my areolas. numbness at the bottom of each implant, is that normal?? I feel hardened lumpy stuff too, implants are under muscle (& are not completely soft yet) how long will it take for things to go back to normal? should I be concerned

Is it normal to be very sensitive after a breast augmentation?

+2

The short answer is yes! The symptoms you describe are entirely within normal expectations 3-weeks after breast augmentation. The shooting or stabbing pains will ease with time and massage. They are the result of small nerve endings being trapped in scar tissue. The numbness can take many months to resolve, but should improve with time. The hard lumpy stuff you describe is scar tissue in your breast - regular massage will help to soften this.

London Plastic Surgeon

Pain on Incision Site, Extreme Skin Sensitivity, Still Numbness at Bottom of Breast, is This Normal

+1

All these are commonly noted among postop patients, and are not likely signs of abnormal healing or of any problems. Allow 3 to 6 months for all to resolve. Keep your surgeon aware of any issues.

Thanks and best wishes.

Hypersensitivity, discomfort, lumpiness, firmness at less than 3 weeks post breast augmentation and lift is normal

+1

Your symptoms are entirely normal at less than 3 weeks following a breast augmentation and lift. It can take up to a full year for the maximal improvement including resolution of numbness. Usually within a few months, the hypersensitivity and lumpiness will have largely or completely resolved.

You should, however, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Hello

+1
3 weeks post surgery your symptoms are very normal. So I would give your body at least 6 to 8 months for you to feel completely normal again. Sharp pains are the nerves regenerating. if you still have concerns you should see your plastic surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS