I Have Pain in the Armpit Area 3 Weeks Post Capsular Contracture Surgery, is This Normal? (photo)

I had CC surgery 7 months after getting my breasts done. I am now a little over 3 weeks post cc surgery and a little concerned. I have pain under my armpit area, it feels sore and tender to touch. It somewhat feels hard. Is this normal because of the band I'm wearing, or should I be concerned that it may be capsular contracture all over again? In the picture it's the breast on the right who had surgery, the other breast is 7 months post breast augmentation surgery so it is fully dropped.

Pain After #capsularcontracture surgery

+2

Pain after your surgery is normal, but it is impossible to tell if the issues you are having are related to a recurrence of the contracture. I would recommend seeing your physician to ensure that everything is healing properly. Three weeks would be a very rapid return of the problem, but it is not impossible.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Contracture

+1

Personally, I would recommend talking to your Plastic Surgeon about Singulair.  It can sometimes be helpful.  I am sure your Plastic Surgeon will have the best advice for you regarding this.  This is somewhat controversial so I would trust him/her with their recommendations. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Pain After Capsular Contracture Surgery Normal?

+1

Your concerns are understandable but online consultants will not be of much help to you. Best to be seen by your plastic surgeon who, after physical examination, will be able to answer your questions in a more meaningful fashion.

I Have Pain in the Armpit Area 3 Weeks Post Capsular Contracture Surgery, is This Normal?

+1

To still have discomfort at three weeks is not unusual, nor is it alarming. But this question is better addressed to your surgeon who knows you, knows what was done, and has followed your recovery.

All the best.